Speakers are extended a discounted registration fee of $400 for the conference + online conference video/audio archive.
- This reflects a 16% discount from early rates and 30% discount from regular rates.
- Access to the Conference Archive will automatically be sent to you post-conference.
- If you registered already at a higher rate or you need the discount code, please contact us.
HOUSING + TRAVEL
All available housing options are listed here. Please be sure to book early for the most availability and best rates.
We recommend arrival on Sunday PM and departure Wednesday early PM to partake in the core conference.
- Please review the program schedule when planning your travel dates.
- If you are considering taking or are teaching a workshop course, those arrival dates will vary by ~1 day to allow for the pre-conference or post-conference course. View the ER&L 2019 Workshop schedule.
PLANNING YOUR PRESENTATION
- Upload your presentation to the Dropbox folder before you arrive in Austin (see details below).
- Your session will span 90 minutes and share break times with the other sessions to allow for a breather for your hardworking seminar attendees.
- Your session should be 2/3 prepared presentation (60-70 minutes) and 1/3 Q&A (20-30 minutes).
- If you have any supplies that you know you will need for your course or requests for your attendees, please let us know as early as possible.
- All presenters should include their name, affiliation and a photo on the opening slide of your presentation.
- All professional presentations should credit sources for graphics, photos and cited statistics if not original.
- The preferred aspect ratio for your slides is 16:9.
- Optional Logo – If you’d like to include an ER&L logo on any or all of your slides you can access this file: ER&L LOGO FILE – BLACK & WHITE
PRESENTATION SLIDE UPLOAD DUE FEBRUARY 28TH
- Submit Presentations to Dropbox by 2/28/19
- Your presentation will be uploaded to a private folder we have established on Dropbox. You can access this folder here.
- IMPORTANT! Files should be named as follows: “Session Number – Session Title”
Example: Session 103 – This Is How to Title A Presentation File
- Why? Many titles contain the same keywords so be sure to enter your session number and full title. This will be the best way for staff to distinguish your file from another.
- Don’t know or recall your session number? Look it up on the Conference Website (Sched).
- If you submit your slides ahead of time, your presentation will be awaiting your arrival. (It makes things so much easier on you and allows your peers access to your slides to take notes. This also assists in person and online attendees with accessibility challenges.)
- Presenters may also include handouts or other supplementary materials. Files should be named “Session Number – Session Title – Handout 1”
- YES, presenters can choose to not share slides if data is not available for distribution, but we strongly encouraging sharing the presented information since that is the core of what we’re facilitating at the conference.
- Presentation File are private until they are not. ER&L staff are the only individuals with access to this folder so your information will remain private until the meeting when conference attendees in Austin and around the world will be able to access an online version of all the presentations that we have secured approval to share.
- If you are not able to upload your presentation to our Dropbox folder prior to the conference by 2/28/19, please bring your presentation on a jump drive. We do not recommend using your own laptop as the AV connections can get disrupted and it may affect the smooth recording of your session.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR SESSION ROOM
Each presentation room will be equipped with
- PC laptop – The laptop available will be a PC. If you are using a program that is only accessible on a Mac, please make your file into a PDF before uploading.
- Water at the lectern/ presentation table.
- Access to power
- Reliable Wifi
- Your presentation on the desktop if you have submitted it prior to the conference
Accessibility / Accessible Staging or other needs? Every submitter was asked to indicate whether any accommodations were needed, but we’re still here. So, remember that NO time is a bad time (up to the point of presentation) that we cannot assist you in having a comfortable and safe experience. Please contact us onsite at the Registration desk or at email@example.com.
DURING YOUR PRESENTATION
- A Session Monitor will be present to assist with timekeeping and questions from the remote viewing audience.
- All sessions will be recorded. Some sessions will stream live and others will be recorded as ‘Voice-Over-PowerPoint’ recordings available shortly after the presentation.
- ACCESSIBILITY NOTE: To ensure that the recorded sessions are captured in totality and accessible to all viewers, please remember to speak into the microphone and repeat questions asked by the audience into the microphone.
THE GREEN ROOM / PRACTICE, CHATTING & MEETING SPACE OPTIONS FOR PRESENTERS
Presenters can meet and practice in the green room. Work out your nerves or just work on… work, in a room for you with access to power, dry erase boards and lectern to practice your presentation.
The in-room equipment is available to test your presentation. Visit during a break or breakfast in the actual presentation room you are assigned.
We want you to promote your session on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Many attendees are very active on social media and will be excited to see some familiar faces talking about the #erl19 conference! (We will retweet/ share liberally at ER&L.)
Some options include:
- Click here to download the ERL19 I’m Presenting! web banner.
- Visit our program website and use the Twitter and Facebook links to share your session information to your followers.
- There is a short link in your sched record and you can copy that for your use if you do not want to use the sched built in feature.
- Add your presentation to your LinkedIn profile or plug your session on LinkedIn on the ER&L Group if you feel so inclined.
- We will have a running stream of tweets in the conference center if you just like to follow during breaks.
- If social media is not your thing, that’s just fine, too. 🙂 Just enjoy yourself!
CODE OF CONDUCT
ARE WE CONNECTED?
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @ERandL.
We’re using #erl19 throughout the conference and we retweet liberally. A lot of activity takes place on social media throughout ER&L and we hope you chime in using #erl19.
CONTACT / SUPPORT ON-SITE
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Need Assistance On-site in Austin? Danielle Sell and Sandy Tijerina are your contacts should you need anything. Feel free to ask for us at Registration.