ER&L facilitates the communication and collaboration for information professionals around issues related to managing electronic resources in the digital world.
The goal of the ER&L Conference is to bring together information professionals from libraries and related industries to improve the way we collect, manage, maintain, and make accessible electronic resources in an ever-changing online environment. We do this once a year at an in-person conference. In addition, sessions are recorded and made available online in an online conference. ER&L allows for cross-pollination of ideas across fields of librarianship not often brought together in traditional public services or technical services conferences. An orientation to ER&L for new visitors is available here.
Code of Conduct
ER&L seeks a variety of opinions, voices and perspectives at our conference. We encourage participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientation. We strive to create an inclusive and respectful conference experience, inviting diverse perspectives and opinions. If you feel you have encountered harassment or had a negative conference experience, please contact Bonnie Tijerina [bonnie.tijerina [at] gmail.com], the Conference Coordinator.
Commitment to Accessibility and Inclusivity
ER&L is committed to create an inclusive and comfortable conference experience for all attendees. Here are the features we have in place to ensure that ER&L 2018 is safe and accessible to all:
- The entire program, less workshops, is available to be viewed via the Online Conference, some sessions being available live with the remainder within 24-48 hours of completion. ER&L makes a commitment to an online conference and have since the beginning of ER&L so that geography will not be a barrier to access to the conference.
- ER&L will be close captioning all of the sessions available via the Online Video Conference.
- We have accessible sleeping rooms in our hotel block.
- Every session room will have dedicated wheelchair accessible seats designated with a special sticker.
- Wheelchairs will be available on a on a first-come, first-served basis for attendees that require mobility assistance.
- ASL Interpreters can be made available for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. To use the service, please submit a request by February 1, 2018 so we can ensure appropriate staff is scheduled.
- ER&L is the first conference at UT Austin’s AT&T Center to provide Gender Neutral restrooms on property, designated with an appropriate sign.
- The ER&L Conference is weapon free conference environment.
- A private, locked Nursing Room will be available on property.
Statement on Texas
ER&L has appreciated the positive relationship we have with our local host University of Texas at Austin Libraries. The staffs have worked together to develop a positive and inclusive conference for all attendees. While we are discouraged by the recent legislations in Texas, we are committed to being advocates to our attendees and offering a conference that is inclusive of all who wish to attend and protects the rights and safety of all.
- Local activist groups are working actively to resist the anti-LGBTQ legislation efforts.
- ER&L will promote several activities within the conference dates to support these efforts including a fundraising activity and an opportunity to support activists efforts.
- ER&L will make necessary adjustments for California attendees to participate via the online conference. Our goal will be not only to disseminate conference content but to incorporate the ER&L sense of community for Californians who cannot travel to Texas.
- ER&L will accommodate remote participation from accepted California state employee presenters affected by the state’s travel restriction.
Bonnie Tijerina, the conference coordinator, has posted some of her initial thoughts on Texas, California and ER&L.
Please contact us directly with any questions at hello @ electroniclibrarian.org.