Welcome to ER&L!
For 15 years, ER&L has convened a conference and online learning opportunities to support the improvement of the way we collect, manage, maintain, and make accessible electronic resources. As technology and our approach to it changes, iterates and improves, we know our important work is never done. At ER&L, we bring together the many library and industry roles together in a thoughtful, collaborative and education-packed conference.
ER&L is friendly niche conference made through the efforts of a fleet of libraryland volunteers and a small but mighty team led by our librarian founder. With a focus on a comfortable and inclusive environment with ample opportunities to network, ER&L is a great way to get to know the ER&L community in a relaxed Austin, Texas setting.
Learning at ER&L
If your focus is solely on tactical skill building, ER&L is the place for you. Flanked with pre- and post-conference workshops and filled with over 100 peer-reviewed sessions, deep-diving seminars, and sharp short talks, ER&L offers attendees the ability to gain practical advice, develop lists of new tools and resources and deepen understanding on challenging topics through case studies and peer presentations. If e-resources responsibilities are new to you, stay close to the ER&L 101 learning thread that cuts across all of our conference tracks.
- Managing e-Resources & Licensing
- Collection Development & Assessment
- Organizational Strategies
- External Relationships
- User Experience & Promotion
- Scholarly Communication & Library Publishing
- Emerging Technologies & Trends
- Data Science in Libraries
* **Plus ER&L 101***
ER&L 101 learning thread weaves among the tracks in foundational areas of librarianship (such as licensing, ebook management, troubleshooting) or in emerging but important topics starting at an introductory level.
In 2019, over 500 libraries were represented among the attendees.
ER&L is a high concentration of engaged, smart and active consumers of e-resources products, tools and services. Common attendee job titles in the 1000+ in-person and 600+ virtual online attendees include:
- Electronic Resources Librarian
- Electronic Resources Manager
- Electronic Resources Technician
- Electronic Serials Librarian
- Account Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Serials Acquisitions Librarian
- Regional Sales Manager
- Head of Collection Development
- Technical Services Librarian
- Acquisitions Librarian
Over 2,500 attendees have attended ER&L virtually since 2011.
Not being able to be in Austin in person doesn’t mean you cannot attend ER&L. Library professionals and campuses from 22 countries on 6 continents participate in ER&L via the Online Conference. Many attendees watch from home; some share group access with library staff and students; others hold virtual ER&L conference viewing parties.
Over 150 companies around the world have exhibited at ER&L over the past 15 years.
ER&L is a high concentration of engaged, smart and active buyers with a lot of feedback to share. Vendors who have been at ER&L know that niche conferences provide vendors with more direct contact to their current and prospective customers. Many vendors are participating as presenters, as well as exhibiting/ sponsoring at ER&L.
What Exhibitors are saying:
- “Strong organization always makes this a great conference from the vendor side of things.”
- “The agenda, the venue, the food, the networking opportunities. All excellent.”
- “ER&L provides a good opportunity to connect with the right customers.”
- “The organization and helpful staff (all staff) were spot on! I didn’t ‘want’ for one thing.”
- “THANK YOU for making Vendors feel special — I am a former Librarian gone to the Vendor side – and it is important to keep those “bonds” between Vendors and Librarians for future sponsorship opportunities.”
You belong at ER&L!
Does your role intersect with e-resources at the library? You belong at ER&L.
If you’ve been newly assigned e-resources management responsibilities, you belong at ER&L.
If you’re a library consultant or library professional working in and around e-resources management and technical services, you belong at ER&L.
If you are a vendor, service provider or publisher, you belong at ER&L.
Contact us @ email@example.com to be a part of our 15th Anniversary Conference, March 8-11, 2020 in Austin, Texas.