We will support your remote presentation. To ensure that the presentation is able to be heard by the audience in Austin as well as the Online Conference viewing audience, there are a few things that will need to happen:
BEFORE THE CONFERENCE:
- Let us know you have a remote presenter by completing this form so we can prepare as soon as possible.
Info we will need:
- Your remote presenter name
- Selection of a preferred presentation time block. We will assign a specific time shortly.
- A title can be as simple as a “Presentation from Company Name”
- The service you will be using to present (GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc) and the link we should open on the laptop in the session room
- Contact information for presenters
- Set up a pre-arranged online meeting link (such as GoToMeeting, Zoom or similar service) that your co-presenters or our AV staff will access during your session. Send this link to the co-presenters and ER&L staff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DURING THE CONFERENCE:
- If there are co-presenters/ colleagues in the session: the presenters in Austin should arrive to the presentation room at least 10 minutes early to log into the pre-arranged online meeting link and ensure it is running smoothly before the session officially starts.
- If the remote presenter is the only presenter: A room monitor will be assigned to staff the room during the presentation and an AV tech will be available. The session monitor will log into the link 10 minutes before the beginning of the session to ensure it is running smoothly before the session officially starts.
- The pre-arranged online meeting link will need to be accessed on the computer that is showing the presentation in Austin to ensure that the audio is captured for the live and online audiences. This would ideally be the laptop that is already in the presentation room, but if your in-person presenters will be using their own laptop, it must be connected to the recording cables.
- If the remote presenter needs to control slides, that can happen, but its best to have the presenters in Austin run the show to avoid baton passes between presenters.
CONTACT / SUPPORT ON-SITE
Please contact us at email@example.com. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Need Assistance On-site in Austin? Danielle Sell and Sandy Tijerina are your contacts should you need anything. Feel free to ask for us at Registration.
More details to come by March 4 about how to promote your presentation and how to share your presentation materials (slides, handouts)