Live Session Moderators are a new and important role at ER&L 2020. Current ER&L committee members will be filling this role to assist with the interaction of the Online Conference attendees during the live-streamed sessions. Only live-streamed sessions will have a moderator.
- Know the session name, room and time you are moderating. You may find it helpful to review the ER&L program on Sched.
- If you do not know the sessions you are moderating, please email email@example.com.
- View a facility map of the AT&T Center before you arrive.
- If you have not attended ER&L before, you will find the registration volunteers very helpful in pointing out where your session will take place when you pick up your badge at the Registration Desk on M2.
- Arrive at the session room 10 minutes prior to the session start time.
- Claim your seat — you’ll see a “Reserved” sign at your seat in the first row. There you will find:
- a handheld mic for audience questions.
- a laptop to monitor the online conference attendee questions.
- printed instructions will be next to the laptop if you find it locked or logged out.
- Ensure the provided laptop is connected to the Online Conference.
- Identify the clock icon on the laptop.
- If you find it closed, open the clock to assist you with monitoring time.
- If you want to use your smartphone, open the clock app and set up your timers.
- Briefly introduce yourself to the presenter(s) at the podium and let them know that you will:
- notify them when it’s time to start and end Q&A.
- monitor the online conference attendees for questions.
- pass around the handheld mic for audience members to ask their questions.
DURING THE SESSION
- Briefly introduce yourself to the online attendee at the podium just at the session start time.
“Hello everyone. This is Session (Number, Title). My name is (Name) and I am an ER&L (Committee Name) committee member and will be this session’s moderator. I will be reading online attendee questions during the Q&A. If you are watching this session online and have a question, please type it into the chat box on your screen and we will ask it during the Q&A portion at the end of the session.”
- Start on time and do your best to keep things running on time!
- Speak all questions from the online conference audience into the handheld mic so it is captured for the recording.
- Pass the handheld mic to the audience members asking questions so they too are captured for the recording.
- Use your laptop clock or your personal smartphone timer for the session:
- Alert the presenter at 30 minutes to commence Q&A with a briefly raised hand.
- Call the end of the session with a briefly raised hand 15 minutes later, at 45 minutes.
- Hold a hand up, or stand to end the presentation, if necessary, so that the next presenter, moderator and all event participants may stay on the published schedule.
- This is, of course, the hardest part of the job. Some enthusiastic presenters will run on and on even after they’ve been given the 2-minute warning. Please cut them off as gracefully as you can.
15-Minute Short Talks
- Inform the audience at the beginning that if they need to leave after a short talk to attend a different session to do so quietly and with the least disruption to the speaker.
- Alert the presenter at 10 minutes with a raised hand minutes to commence Q&A
- Call time with a raised hand at 15 minutes.
- Cut the presentation off, if necessary, so that things stay on schedule. This is, of course, the hardest part of the job. Some people will run on and on even after they’ve been given the 2-minute warning. Please cut them off as gracefully as you can.
- THANK YOU for helping your colleagues at the conference!
- Click on the Moderator Report link on the desktop or from this page and complete the following:
- Record any Technical Issue (AV)
- Did this session end early?
- Was time made for Q&A?
CODE OF CONDUCT
CONTACT/ SUPPORT ON-SITE
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Need Assistance On-site in Austin? Danielle Sell and Sandy Tijerina are your contacts should you need anything. Feel free to ask for us at Registration.