Workshop presenters receive complimentary registration for the conference + online conference video/audio archive. Please register yourself using the custom link emailed to your previously to ensure we have the correct spelling of your name and organization on your badge.
- All accepted Presenters are expected to present in Austin, Texas in March 2020.
- Access to the Conference Archive will automatically be sent to you post-conference.
- If you registered already or you need the discount code, please contact us.
Housing & Travel
All available housing options are listed here. Please be sure to book early for the most availability and best rates.
Please review the program schedule when planning your travel dates.
Planning Your Presentation
- Your session was accepted for the 4-hour presentation.
- During the 4-hour course, we will coordinate shared break times amongst the courses to allow for a breather for your hardworking workshop attendees.
- Presentation Tips: Whether you are presenting for the very first time or this is “old hat” to you, we’ve compiled some tried-and-true tips to help ease any stage-fright jitters and to ensure your presentation is well received.
- Review the Accessibility Guidelines to ensure all attendees can view your slides
- Please review the post-conference workshop attendee survey to understand what will be asked of your course attendees and ensure you are preparing your course accordingly.
- If you have any supplies that you know you will need for your course, please let us know as early as possible.
- Workshop sessions are not recorded for the Online Conference.
- Slide preparation:
- All presenters should include their name, affiliation and a photo on the opening slide of your presentation.
- Please note the ER&L Proper Attribution and Citation Expectation: All presenters are required to include proper citations and attributions on all images, graphics, and research that is not original. This maintains integrity in the presentation and enables attendees to reference primary sources.
- The preferred aspect ratio for your slides is 16:9.
- Details regarding the submission of slides will be posted closer to the conference dates.
- Optional Logo – If you’d like to include an ER&L logo on any or all of your slides you can access this file: OFFICIAL LOGOS
Presentation Slide Upload – Optional
We realize that with this workshop you may prefer to use your own laptop. If so, please arrive at your workshop room at least 30-minutes prior to the start of the course so we can ensure your laptop is properly connected to the AV in the room.
Should you prefer to use the in-room laptop, please upload your presentation using the information below:
STEP 1: Save your file “Session Number – Session Title”
- Why? Many titles contain the same keywords so be sure to enter your session number and full title. This will be the best way for staff to distinguish your file from another.
- Session Numbers can be found in your acceptance letter and on Sched
- Presenters may also include handouts or other supplementary materials. Files should be named “Session Number – Session Title – Handout”
STEP 2: Upload the file to our private Dropbox folder by Thursday, March 5, 2020.
- YES, presenters can choose to not share slides if data is not available for distribution, but we strongly encourage sharing the presented information since that is the core of what we’re facilitating at the conference.
- Presentation files are private until they are not. ER&L staff are the only individuals with access to this folder so your information will remain private until the meeting when conference attendees in Austin and around the world will be able to access an online version of all the presentations that we have secured approval to share.
If you prefer not to upload your presentation to our Dropbox folder by March 5th, please bring your presentation on a jump drive.
Handouts/ Additional Materials
Will you have handouts for your course participants? If you would like us to print any materials for you, please let us know as soon as possible. Any items needed to be printed onsite would be due to us no later than 12pm on Wednesday, March 4th. We will deliver the printed items to the room you are presenting in.
If you are not able to send us the materials before 12pm on March 4th, there is a Business Center on the property where you can print the materials. Visit us at the Registration Desk and we will ensure the copies will be charged to our account.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR SESSION ROOM
Each presentation room will be equipped with:
- PC laptop – The laptop available will be a PC. If you are using a program that is only accessible on a Mac, please make your file into a PDF before uploading
- Screen for laptop projection
- Microphone at the lectern
- Access to power
- Reliable Wifi
- Your presentation on the desktop if you have submitted it prior to the conference
Accessibility / Accessible Staging or other needs? Every submitter was asked to indicate whether any accommodations were needed, but we’re still here. So, remember that NO time is a bad time (up to the point of presentation) that we cannot assist you in having a comfortable and safe experience. Please contact us onsite at the Registration desk or at email@example.com.
The Green Room/ Speaker Ready Room
Presenters can meet and practice in the green room. Work out your nerves or just work on… work, in a room for you with access to power, dry erase boards and lectern to practice your presentation.
The in-room equipment is available to test your presentation. Visit during a break or breakfast in the actual presentation room you are assigned.
Want to promote your session? Download this image for social media or your email footer.
Don’t forget the #erl20 hashtag!
Code of Conduct
Are We Connected?
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @ERandL.
We’re using #erl20 throughout the conference and we retweet liberally. A lot of activity takes place on social media throughout ER&L and we hope you chime in using #erl20.
Contact/ Support On-Site
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Need Assistance On-site in Austin? Danielle Sell and Sandy Tijerina are your contacts should you need anything. Feel free to ask for us at Registration.